EYFS Safeguarding for Designated Lead (evening)
Course content includes:
OR SAVE MONEY and book with the SENDCo Level 3 CPD course on 23/07/2019 from 9am to 12pm. Both courses for £47.50
Next live webinar: Monday 22nd July 2019, from 6:30pm to 9:30pm
Those who have adopted the role of lead practitioner for safeguarding in their setting including childminders.
VENUE/DELIVERY: delivered via the Early Years Foundation’s virtual training suite
whereby delegates can access the training in the comfort of their own home/office.
The training is live and fully interactive offering the same level of in-depth learning as a face-to-face course. It is recommended that all delegates log on using a PC or laptop for ease of use.
To support the lead practitioner for child protection to meet the safeguarding requirements of the EYFS and fulfil their roles and responsibilities inside of this capacity
- focus – course aims and purpose – discussions surrounding opportunities to evaluate and extend the impact of training upon outcomes for children
- links to the EYFS safeguarding requirements and the Ofsted Early Years Inspection Handbook
- roles and responsibilities in relation to safeguarding
- understanding relevant safeguarding terminology and how it is applied in the Early Years
- case study one – serious case reviews, ‘working together to safeguard children’, information sharing
- case study 2 – managing allegations made against staff, whistle-blowing, recruitment and selection, suitable people and safer working practices
- current safeguarding and child protection legislation
- safeguarding policies and procedures in the Early Years setting
- LSCB policies and procedures, the role of the LADO, thresholds of need, assessment and intervention
- making a referral – ‘what to do if you’re worried a child is being abused’ – local procedures and statutory children’s services
- types, signs and symptoms of abuse including the ‘prevent duty’ and FGM in the context of child abuse linked to faiths and beliefs
- consolidation of learning and assessment
Managers, leaders, safeguarding designated leads, childminders